Alil about me..

My photo
Im a Kenyan with interest in Marketing and with a passion to sell. I love taking up challenges that crack me brain out ;) im not all that in writing but will try keep it simple and brief for all my fans and followers out there.... more about me, follow me ;) @ahmedsalims

Sunday, December 19

Alil' bout Twitter!!!!

Olaa My People….
It’s been ages since I last blogged. I recall in my last post, I said I haven’t given up – but honestly I think I was overwhelmed to handle this. I had friends post on my wall, tweet me about it and even ask when we meet – well I’m glad you do enjoy reading my thoughts J I have a cousin of mine who always writes and while worked up and stressed she writes even more unlike me who looks for a bed to sleep it off….
A lot has been happening in the past few weeks from work to personal stuff!! (A post for another day) I have met loads of people from the last time I wrote which God willing I would love to share them with you soon. 

Currently I am at my mums work place in Westlands trying to do my work stuff also help her with hers... Reason I love going with her to work on Sunday is mainly because she inspires me – she works 7 days a week and I respect her for her unending psyche for her job…. The other reason is I get to meet her clients who are potential clients for me and I love how she proudly introduces me as her son giving me the direct lead to seal a deal…. (Well depending who it is)  *sipping my coffee…..
Speaking of meeting people, of late have been meeting FluidFans who I end up being friends with – just yesterday I delivered tees to Roger who is a student at Strathmore University. I wanted to know more about what Roger does and apparently he does what I’m looking for… Mobile Apps!! We agreed to catch up in the new years on how we could work together….  
Twitter twitter twitter!!! A fast growing micro blogging platform around the world!!! I gave myself a target to get more followers by end of JAN 2011… I love tweeting and for those who follow me can clearly tell!! Its so hard to get yourself out there to the people with the millions tweeting at the same time – my advice, open an account (if not already) and just tweet… tweet about anything, about what’s on your mind, on what you think, what you feel, why things are happening the way they are, share the news and if you are a public figure or a person who people would like to know about what you are upto – talk about your everyday experience!!! One thing il tell you and this is my own personal research and conclusion: mix your tweets… apart from your professional info, get alil’ personal, alil’ sexy alil’ edgy you will see wonders!!!! What im trying to still hack is getting followers the hard way (by just tweeting like I’m all alone in the platform) and seeing how many ill end up following!! If you are in desperate need of followers then there are many options you can go with!!!
On both my points of meeting people and tweeting, it’s again yesterday I met Aisha. I posted a tweet being at the Impala grounds for a soccer match and the next thing I got a notification asking where I am exactly because she was at the same venue…  Aisha and Fluid partnered on the Breast Cancer Awareness in October. We had never met and had never spoken!! She is a FluidFan and through Twitter we did manage to partner.   The wonders social networking platforms does!!!!



Email me your twitter addresses I might have a surprise for the first 11 names I get  -this is even if I follow you!! Hint #FluidTees…. ;)


+ / - SENSITIVE
I love this bit because apart from being controversial we do come to a conclusion in one way or the other….
In todays “Positive, Negative Sensitive”
Do you think your partner should judge, question or conclude you by your social networking updates????

6 comments:

  1. Firstly am glad you have blogged after a while. I like your blogs :) They educate much and also let me express on other topics :)

    I love how much you adore your mum and appreciate her too :)

    Half the stuff I express on twitter are my feelings as am so reserved I don't like talking about them.

    And lastly, to comment on the sensitive part: I wouldn't personally judge someone on what they put up. We can misunderstand one by what is posted well thats not the case. Some might be angry and post something very harsh but the question is we all have a melting point so why question. Just better to be there for them. Others put up lyrics and other staff but its better to speak up and ask if anything crosses your mind before judging. Well thats is what I would do.

    Once again. Blog much? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post @Raymondfx
    http://raymondkipngetichfx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion,your social networking updates decribe your personality/life/thoughts to the world in most cases. Your partner is part of that same world. So they have a right to question over a stranger. Ofcourse to which your answer would be concluded.
    Though we all know that question would not ever come up if both are like open books to each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gud to have u back!!

    hmm...that a Supermum u gt there n i love hw u hold her in high regards.

    She's an inspiration nt only to other p'ple out thr but to me as well.

    Well, on the sensitive part,i personally won't Qs as it is, for most of us, the social networking has bcm an integral part of our lives, altering the way we do business, allowing universal communication btn friends.Today every1 use 'em to report just bout everything in their lives & sometimes the lives of others...but as with most gr8 creations, thrs often a down side. so u should think bout wat u post & hw u post it, rather than demeaning bout the other n cause hurt feelings plus u should understand each other & not easily takn offense! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd judge someone by what they post :) - if they have another side, it's sure to come out on the social scene

    ReplyDelete